Thursday 19 July 2012

food is fun until you're one

So this month one of my little girls will be 9 months old, this doesn't seem real to me, it feels like I have slipped into a weird time vortex and popped out the other end with a baby that can crawl and climb up on things. I'm pretty sure the sleep deprivation hasn't helped this feeling, the days turn into a blur, the nights are often long and hard. In coming out and realising that I now have an almost 9 month old I've also realised that I have breastfed exclusively for the whole time.

I am very proud of myself, my healthy baby girl loves breast milk and we've gone by the rule that "food is fun until you're 1" So she occasionally gets a bit of mushy avocado or weetbix but mostly she eats what we eat. Baby led weaning is fun, I love watching her smile as she eats a chunk of tofu or a veggie hotdog. It makes me laugh because she gets so into it and does these big MMMM noises. 

Some of my friends are already planning their childs first birthday party! I feel a bit bad because I don't seem to be as excited about it as I should be. I think I might just do a cake smash photoshoot where we take the pics, depending on the weather maybe a small picnic with a few friends. 

i thought i should also give a mention to this amazing website http://www.disposableincomekid.com/ this guy actually gives away money. All you have to do is write a story and he picks a winner each month, seems like a scam? how could someone just give away money? well it's not a scam, I actually won some money for my husband and yep, it came in the mail. So give it a shot, what have you got to loose?

luh you

No comments:

Post a Comment